…is a totally free ping tool, with a modern GUI, developed to support me during my daily job (I’m a SysAdmin).
Basically I needed a graphical ping tool, nice to see but also with strong and detailed log features in order to continuously monitor my internet lines (FTTH, FTTC and xDSL) and, at the same time, to keep track of network devices uptime (PCs, printers, routers, firewalls, IoT devices, etc.).
So, PepperPing is primarily an unattended software that monitor something for you.
Since it could be helpful to other IT pros or everyone needs an advanced ping tool, I decided to publish it for free.
- Ping hostname or IP address, continuously
- “Ping” TCP ports, continuously NEW
- Detailed stat logs generation (text logfile)
- Send alert by mail when n failed ping occur
- Send recap mail every n hours
- Customizable packet size (payload)
- Customizable ping time interval
- Sound (beep) when a successful and/or failed ping occurs NEW
- Command line parameters
- Show your public IP address
- Show your pc hostname, local IP and MAC address
- Modern GUI, customizable color appearance
- Automatic updates
This software requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
Windows 10 – 8 – 7
Windows Server 2019 – 2016 – 2012